Subject: which intel cpu's support dual processors?
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.org>
From: Henry Nelson <netb@yuba.kcn.ne.jp>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/01/2006 12:08:05
I have a matching pair of celeron 1GHz cpu's (SL5ZF) and was going
to get a used dual-processor, socket-370 mainboard to use them in.
But after finding out that such a MB must be fairly rare, I did a
little research and discovered in the Intel pdf spec sheet on
celerons that these cpu's are designed for uni-processor boards.

Also, I have a few PentIIIs (FC-PGA: SL3Q9; SECC2: SL3FJ, SL364,
SL35D), but I don't know what I should be looking for to see if any
of these support SMP (and thus would be worth investing in getting
another one, and a motherboard to put them in. -- Need to keep
things pretty cheap so I am trying to use parts I already have).

Specifically for running NetBSD 3.0/i386 with dual processors, is
there a list of recommended/tested processors and motherboards?
Any recommendations or "good experiences"?  Thanks much.

--
henry nelson
  WWW_HOME=http://yuba.kcn.ne.jp/~home/