Subject: Re: Recommendations for NIC
To: Simon Burge <simonb@wasabisystems.com>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/08/2006 09:40:45
On Tue, 7 Feb 2006, Simon Burge wrote:

> wm0 is on the motherboard, wm1 is a PCIX card.  wm0 will only work if I
> hard wire it to 10mbit/sec (with "media 10baseT" in the ifconfig line).

I have a possibly related issue with the wm0 on my Thinkpad T42. With
the one 10base-T hub I've tried, it autodetects that it's 10base-T, but
appears not to receive (and possibly not send, either) packets unless I
manually set the media type to 10base-T.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson            <cjs@cynic.net>             +81 90 7737 2974
   by those who have not got it.    --George Bernard Shaw