Subject: Re: Problem with 3.0 bootblock's VGA detection on headless machine (Toshiba Magnia SG20)
To: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.ca>
From: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@lothlorien.nfbcal.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/03/2006 12:57:30
	Did you remember to installboot with -o console=com0 as part of the
command line?
-Brian
On Feb 2, 10:40pm, "Jared D. McNeill" wrote:
} Subject: Re: Problem with 3.0 bootblock's VGA detection on headless machin
} On 2-Feb-06, at 10:14 PM, Jason Mitchell wrote:
} > Anyway, I'm wondering if it would it make sense to add an option to
} > the i386
} > boot block that would tell it not to try to talk to a VGA card.
} > This issue
} > also might apply to other headless machines that do VGA emulation
} > and output
} > the text to a serial port, like the boards from Soekris Engineering
} > (http://www.soekris.com). Does anyone know if they get double
} > characters
} > output to the serial port?
}
} FWIW, I had no such problems on my Soekris net4801.
}
} Cheers,
} Jared
}