Subject: Re: Thinkpad T42 Power Management
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Rui Paulo <rpaulo@fnop.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/03/2006 00:43:33
"Jared D. McNeill" <jmcneill@invisible.ca> writes:

> On 2-Feb-06, at 7:41 PM, Rui Paulo wrote:
>> This causes a panic on my laptop, but since crashing a machine with
>> securelevel == 0 is easy with root access I see no problem committing
>> this.
>
> Got a backtrace?

Not yet. I triggers a MD i386 assertion related to PSL flags.
I was trying to work around the interrupt problems I have first before
even trying to dig into this.
Although, I have successfuly suspended this laptop two or three times,
but I can't recall the configuration I was using nor the hacks I did.
But anyway, it never came from suspend (the machine just reset).
Using FreeBSD 6.0 the problem is different: we comming from S3, the
display doesn't seem to come back. But that's another story..

--
Rui Paulo - rpaulo@fnop.net