Subject: Re: 3.0 Very Slow?
To: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
From: Douglas Wade Needham <cinnion@ka8zrt.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/20/2006 09:32:20
	version=3.0.3
Sender: port-i386-owner@NetBSD.org

My latest pkgsrc build, with pkgsrc updated to a Jan 12 (from the
trunk), completed in 99304 seconds.  Same base 3.0 build (so same
compiler, kernel, etc.) on a machine with no other changes outside of
a reboot and that update.  But since the build which took forever was
done after a reboot as well, so I would tend to discount the reboot,
and I am just left wondering what was happening.  I still have the log
files to go over, which include the time taken for each entry in my
package list, so perhaps something will stand out there, but I guess
this is just something for which we need to keep an eye out.  I know
given a few updates to pkgsrc (such as my missing devel/swig13 being
removed) will have me doing yet another build after I review this
latest log, so if folks are interested, I will post what I see there
as well.

- Doug

Quoting Perry E. Metzger (perry@piermont.com):

--
Douglas Wade Needham - KA8ZRT        UN*X Consultant & UW/BSD kernel programmer
Email:  cinnion @ ka8zrt . com       http://cinnion.ka8zrt.com