Subject: Re: NetBSD-RELEASE-2.1 bugs
To: None <>
From: David <>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/22/2005 14:08:10
Many Thanks, I will try to patch /src/sys/fs/ntfs/ntfs_subr.c

It's currious the 2.1 release having this *BIG* *BUG* and nobody complain
about as in PR kern/23835 say it's on NetBSD 1.6.2_RC3 ?

Oh, I see... It was reported 22 Dec 2003 and CVS commited 13 Feb 2005 !

Your link is broken or I can't access mail-index, this one is the bug report

Again, :)

> Hi
> Was the ntfs fix in
> into NetBSD 2.  I had similar problems (read corruption from ntfs) before
> that patch.
> Sverre

> I'm afraid "me too" - then again last time I tried was years ago - from
> memory:
>   cd some ffs partition
>   mount -r -t ntfs /dev/wd3e /mnt
>   tar -czf - /mnt/dir | tar -xzf -
> the files would come out corrupted, yet cp -R seemed to work. I can't
> why the 2 behaved differently...
> I suppose I could resurrect on an old disk and try again..
> Cheers,
> Patrick

The GOOD :

mount /dev/wd0a /mnt
mount_ntfs -o ro /dev/wd0e /mnt2
mount_msdos /dev/sd0a /mnt3
cp /mnt2/base.tgz /mnt3
tar -xpvzf /mnt3/base.tgz -C /mnt

The BAD :

mount /dev/wd0a /mnt
mount_ntfs -o ro /dev/wd0e /mnt2
tar -xpvzf /mnt2/base.tgz -C /mnt

And the UGLY :

I will try patching /src/sys/fs/ntfs/ntfs_subr.c