Subject: T30 crashing after resume when switching to X with current
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/13/2005 16:27:05
I have a Thinkpad T30 (2366-97U) that's been pretty well behaved for a
while (apm, no ACPI).

Using 20050926 sources (with local changes), I can suspend/resume just
fine.  But after a resume, when switching to X (via ctrl-alt-f5 - I
usually switch to text console to suspend as an old habit) the machine
locks up before anything is drawn.  I haven't done this with a serial
console, but my only recovery is power cycle (doesn't answer the net
any more).

With 2005020 sources (same local changes more or less), it worked
fine.

I've had the problem with a gnome desktop, and also when stopping X11
completely before suspending, and locking up on /etc/rc.d/xdm start,
so I can rule out gnome/sound crud.

Any clues appreciated - I've been traveling with it powered on
lately...