Subject: Re: AHA-2940 UW SCSI adapter problems?
To: Todd Vierling <jamesb.au@iinet.net.au>
From: J. T. Nelson <nelsonjt@earthlink.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/30/2005 23:28:47
My experience with SCSI drives is that they are far faster than ATA for
opening files and data transfer.  They make a Pentium 330MHz computer look
snappy.  I don't think there is any question regarding superiority of SCSI.
Regarding reliability, I still have my old Apple Power PC 7500 with its
original SCSI drive.  In the mean time, I have burned up two or three ATA
drives.  Also, the disk configuring is easier and more sensible with SCSI.

JTNelson