Subject: interesting problem?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Rick Kelly <rmk@toad.rmkhome.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/08/2005 23:03:33
The box is a P200 with a circa 1996 BIOS. The disk is an IBM Deskstar 20 gig
loaded with early 2.0. While the system seems to have a limit of 8 gigs in
the auto detect mode, the generic kernel on the disk sees 20 gigs when it is
booting.

When I boot with "-s", the system goes through the boot process and comes up
with:

init: single use shell terminated, restarting
enter pathname of shell or hit enter for /bin/ksh

It loops on the above regardless of shell entered.

I'm hoping to get this box to boot up to multiuser so that I can build and
install 3.0 beta on the box without installing a floppy drive.

Any ideas?
--
Rick Kelly	rmk@rmkhome.com
		<http://www.rmkhome.com/>