Subject: Cross Platform 'media' creation
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: John Clark <jclark@metricsystems.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/08/2005 08:40:22
I have not needed to do this recently, but the last time I looked into
it, it
was not clear how to create a 'fully NetBSD' bootable disk from a linux
based host.

At the moment I have embedded targets that I would like to create a 1 GB
CF file system with, from the linux host environment.

Linux has obviously an 'fdisk' to partition the disk, but then there's:

disklabel
mkfs
mounting a ffs file system on linux and writting such.

Has anyone else done this, and if so what is the procedure.
(As a note, at the moment I don't have a spare machine to set up as a
NetBSD machine. And there is one thing I hate in the world, that is
'dual boot'...)

Thanks
John Clark