Subject: Re: Network drivers in "INSTALL_TINY" (was: CVS commit: src/sys/arch/i386/conf)
To: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/05/2005 22:46:40
On Tue, Jul 05, 2005 at 11:42:19PM +0100, David Laight wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 05, 2005 at 08:07:06PM +0100, Matthias Scheler wrote:
> >
> > No problem. But you'll have to pick another card whose drive is commented
> > out in "INSTALL_TINY". I tried to to remove only el(0) but it wasn't enough.
> > Possile candidates are:
>
> Or remove NFS client support!
> mount_nfs is (IIRC) 75k - mainly for 2 simple RPC requests.

This is a really, really good idea.  A bunch of stuff could go from the
disk _and_ from the kernel this way, and it is still possible to do a
network install with other tools present in INSTALL_TINY.

"The inconsistency is startling, though admittedly, if consistency is to be
 abandoned or transcended, there is no problem."		- Noam Chomsky