Subject: Re: Network drivers in "INSTALL_TINY" (was: CVS commit: src/sys/arch/i386/conf)
To: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.de>
From: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@cs.columbia.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/05/2005 15:22:42
In message <20050705190706.GA28110@colwyn.zhadum.de>, Matthias Scheler writes:

>No problem. But you'll have to pick another card whose drive is commented
>out in "INSTALL_TINY". I tried to to remove only el(0) but it wasn't enough.

Looking longer term, I wonder how hard it would be to build an INSTALL
disk generator.  That is, the user fills out a web page, and in return
receives some dynamically generated floppy images.

There are obvious issues with denial of service, load, etc.  But we're
really tight for space now, and the usual answer, every time this comes
up, is "build your own".  Could we do that for people?