Subject: Re: Fanless processor for socket 370?
To: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
From: Harry Waddell <waddell@caravan.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/26/2005 18:40:05
On Thu, 26 May 2005 12:23:27 -0700
Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com> wrote:

> This isn't really a NetBSD question, but I'm sure someone knows this.
>
> I've got an Abit BP6 (the infamous dual Celeron board) which is
> starting to remind me of a jet airplane taking off.
>
> Is there a such thing as a fanless CPU for socket 370? I believe this
> board will do 66mhz or 100mhz frontside bus speed. I don't really need
> to have dual CPUs either, although I have 2 Celeron 366s in there now.
>
> I also have another board with a slot 1 CPU mount, but I have the
> socket 370 converter for it. If there was a fanless CPU for slot 1,
> that might work as well.
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Andy

Here's a ludicrously large heatsink for your cpu.

http://svc.com/cl-p0071-14.html

you'll need a small amount of airflow in the case, or at least a vent above
 the heatsink and one at the bottom to make use of natural convection. svc.com also
has a wide assortment of low-noise parts.

 --
Harry Waddell
Caravan Electronic Publishing