Subject: Re: Problems compiling world, linux hosted, target i386 (Well that
To: John Clark <jclark@metricsystems.com>
From: John Clark <jclark@metricsystems.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/26/2005 15:20:57
John Clark wrote:

> For the last week I've not been able to compile the world. The build
> process
> dies when it attempts to compile 'lib/libpthread/arch/i386/_context_u.S

Ok, what was happening, was that because I'm working with a variety of OS's
and implementations of 'libc', I had coppied the file 'pthread.h' from
the GNU GLIBC
package in to the /tmp directory for some examination/review.

During the build of the NetBSD world, 'genassys.sh' uses /tmp to compile
a 'c' file,
which in the case of the 'lib/libpthread' library code, included a file
named 'pthread.h',
which happened to match the GNU GLIBC file in /tmp. Hence the NetBSD gcc
was draging in the wrong file, and emitting a number of errors such as
'features.h' not
found, etc. and 'genassym.sh' was not correctly creating the 'assym.h'
file required
for compiling the code modules for 'libpthread'...

John Clark