Subject: X and gimp configuration
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Steve Blinkhorn <steve@prd.co.uk>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/18/2005 10:51:06
Some sort of conflict has arisen on the NetBSD 2.0 box I am using as a
beachead to convert my staff from BSD/OS.

If I run the gimp, it tells me that either I need to update to
fontconfig 2.2.0 or better (which I have done0, or that there is
another copy of libfontconfig.so.1, probably in /usr/X11R6/lib.

There is indeed a libfontconfig.so.1 in /usr/X11R6/lib, and if I
temporarily rename it to something else, the gimp runs normally.
However, if I leave things in this condition, next time I try to start
X it complains about the absence of libfontconfig.so.1, and aborts.

If I search the whole system there are numerous instances of files
with this name, and I can't tell which one the gimp uses, or whether
copying or linking one of them to /usr/X11R6/lib/ will solve my
problem.

All suggestions gratefully received.

--
Steve Blinkhorn <steve@prd.co.uk>