Subject: Re: disk speed query
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/12/2005 22:55:45
[lsi logic 53c1030 mpt0 reading at 4MB/s rather than 320MB/s]

On Wed, May 11, 2005 at 02:39:58PM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> The next test would be to benchmark each disk individually on the same
> controller, to see if it's an issue with the mpt driver, or the raid
> stuff in the controller itself. But if the system is in use this may not be
> doable.

I don't seem to be able to find a way of decoupling those drives. The
card's firmware is MPT-BIOS-IM-5.07.02, which from the IM suggests that
it is the mirroring version, however

sd2 at scsibus2 target 0 lun 0: <LSILOGIC, RAID ARRAY    IS, 1000> disk fixed
sd2: 136 GB, 139712 cyl, 64 head, 32 sec, 512 bytes/sect x 286130176 sectors

is 2 x 73GB disks, so striped. I suppose it is possible that the disks
were set up by some Windows programme rather than that BIOS?

Have any of you had success with mpt(4) with such an array?

Cheers,

Patrick