Subject: Re: "/sbin/init failure" comes back!
To: Samuel Lacas <Samuel.Lacas@trusted-labs.fr>
From: Daniel Carosone <dan@geek.com.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/10/2005 19:44:52
--Ev8PUyXFH55d01eb

On Tue, May 10, 2005 at 11:23:46AM +0200, Samuel Lacas wrote:
> >Another possibilty is that you got your partitions wrong and windows
> >overwrites parts of your NetBSD install.
>=20
> That was my first idea. But I'm sure that it was not the case for my
> second installation, and somewhat dubious about the first one: as I
> wrote, the NT partition stands *between* the FAT and the NetBSD ones.
> I assume that if it was something with the partitions, the NT one
> should have been impacted too.

It sounds like overlapping partitions to me, and could still be if you
only checked the MBR partitions.  Check carefully that the MBR
partitions (via fdisk(8)) don't overlap (this is what windows uses)
and *ALSO* that the NetBSD partitions (via disklabel(8)) line up
properly with the MBR partitions. Also make sure that a mismatch of
BIOS geometry isn't causing confusion in determining the above.

--
Dan.
--Ev8PUyXFH55d01eb

--Ev8PUyXFH55d01eb--