Subject: Re: Problems with VIA tech EDEN ESP CPU core.
To: Kurt Albershardt <kurt@nv.net>
From: John Clark <jclark@metricsystems.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/05/2005 08:59:10
Kurt Albershardt wrote:

> Does anyone know if this was addressed in 2.0.2?

Unfortunately projects have not permitted me the time to
investigate further on the VIA EDEN chip booting problem
I experienced.

I did verify that 1.6 booted. The current project is a linux project,
and so I have been occupied there. But I was not able to use the
previous linux kernel built by someone else for the 686. I had
to build a gcc for the 586, and then things seem to work. The
failure seemed incredibly strange, on the order of an illegal opcode.

I also had a bit of difficulty in the last couple of weeks building a
complete 'world' from the cvs archives. The last round was almost
to the end of the release process, and listed a number of files that
mismatched some 'bill of materials' list. On the one had the 'build.sh' is
nice, but on the other hand, the make files are so arcane that if there
is any failure, it is torture to figure out and correct.

John Clark