Subject: Re: /sbin/init failure
To: Peter <plp@actcom.co.il>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/19/2005 14:51:29
On Tue, Apr 19, 2005 at 02:20:58PM +0300, Peter wrote:
> You should be able to boot normally to a shell running in a terminal
> using /rescue/sh. You could try to copy /rescue/sh to /sbin/init and
> see what happens (since init is missing).

That basically will work, but is not what you want (due to the way the
/rescue stuff works, as one big crunched image).

You can use a little /sbin/init shell script instead, that does something
like

--8<--
#! /rescue/sh

exec /resuce/sh < /dev/console > /devconsole
-->8--

I forgot why you'd want to do this though - so maybe I'm missing the point.

Martin