Subject: Support for PDC20579 ?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Jarkko Torppa <torppa@cute.fi>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/17/2005 17:32:44
Does anybody have working driver for PDC20579 ?

I tried to put something together from freebsd driver but I'm unable to
make it really work, seems that DMA is somehow broken at the moment.

pdcsata0 at pci2 dev 2 function 0
pdcsata0: Promise PDC20579 SATA150 controller (rev. 0x02)
pdcsata0: interrupting at irq 11
pdcsata0: bus-master DMA support present
atabus2 at pdcsata0 channel 0
atabus3 at pdcsata0 channel 1
atabus4 at pdcsata0 channel 2
wd1 at atabus2 drive 0: <ST506>
wd1: drive supports 1-sector PIO transfers, chs addressing
wd1: 69632 KB, 1024 cyl, 8 head, 17 sec, 512 bytes/sect x 139264 sectors
wd1(pdcsata0:0:0): using PIO mode 0
wd1d: device timeout reading fsbn 0 (wd1 bn 0; cn 0 tn 0 sn 0), retrying
wd1: soft error (corrected)

I got this far by adding ID's to the driver and clearing interrupt flags
after they are handled.

It's basically unusable in pio0.