Subject: sk problems (Re: 2.0 and Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe motherboard)
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.org>
From: Jarkko Torppa <torppa@cute.fi>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/31/2005 00:39:46
David Brownlee wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Mar 2005, Samuel Lacas wrote:
>
>> David Brownlee wrote:
>>
>>>     There was a problem with sk* in 2.0 which has been fixed for
>>>     2.0.1 and later. If you can build your own kernel from 2.0.2
>>>     sources then I'd suggest doing that, otherwise I can send you
>>>     a 2.0.2 GENERIC if it would help.
>>>

>> Hi,
>>
>> I tried with your kernel. Things have evolved but still not solved.
>> Ifconfig still says "status: no carrier" and dhclient sleeps after
>> having tried to DISCOVER several times without success. The changes
>> are that I get "sk0: watchdog timeout" between each dhclient's
>> request, which are synchronized with the led on the Ethernet socket:
>> the led blinks once and the "watchdog" times-out right after.
>

>     Can you try assigning an address directly (on the command
>     line or via rc.conf). I'm using an asus A8V deluxe with an
>     sk0 without problems, though I've never run dhclient on it
>     (its a production box on our DMZ :)

I also have mb Aopen i855GMEm-LFS which is acting funny with it's
Marvell Yukon Lite Gigabit Ethernet rev. A3(0x7). On a stock system it
wont work, if I define SK_VERBOSE it works as long as i'm using
integrated video. If I plug in an agp-card it again stops working,
plugging an agp card makes ram a bit faster as it wont main-memory for
video.

This is with if_sk.c,v 1.12 (NetBSD 2.99.15), 1.7G Pentium-M (Banias)

The same system worked fine with 3com card using NetBSD 2.0