Subject: Re: Problems with VIA tech EDEN ESP CPU core.
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Michael van Elst <mlelstv@serpens.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/26/2005 08:28:12
jclark@metricsystems.com (John Clark) writes:

>So, what are the differences in the 'from-bios-off-disk-boot-block', as
>the 2.0 boot-big.fs floppy does not
>even get me to the initial 'loading netbsd in xx sec...' message.

One difference is that the 2.0 bootloader has an option to
re-initialize the video:  -o resetvideo. This is at least necessary
for my EPIA-M board. But this doesn't solve the crashes, that happen
when the bootloader calls the real-mode BIOS function to read from
the disk.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv@serpens.de