Subject: 2.0 and Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe motherboard
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.org>
From: Samuel Lacas <Samuel.Lacas@trusted-labs.fr>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/24/2005 09:26:38
Hello,

I've found out that there are problems with 2.0 and the NIC of the
A7N8X-E Deluxe motherboard (see
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-bugs/2005/01/18/0004.html).
Personally, I get a "status: no carrier" on the sk0 interface with
"ifconfig" whereas
everything works well under Win*. I tried without success to use
the motherboard's second Ethernet port (see below)

> skc0 at pci1 dev 4 function 0: irq 5
> skc0: Yukon Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000Base-T Adapter
> sk0 at skc0 port A: Ethernet address 00:11:2f:4e:c8:b3

> Nvidia Corporation nForce2 Ethernet (ethernet network, revision 0xa1) at pci0
> dev 4 function 0 not configured

Does someone knows how to solve the matter, save buying an ethernet card?

Thanks,

sL