Subject: Data corruption
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.org>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/02/2005 08:51:13
Hi folks,

I'm not sure I'm seeing a general problem or broken hardware - so it would
be interesting if it is just me or anyone else sees this.

I'm running an older i386 SMP machine, with two SATA disks raid0'd as /.
It's running -current as of a few days ago.

I'm seeing strange data corruption on disk, i.e. bzip2 some *large*
file and then "bzip2 -t" the result - and it fails with crc errors.

I have not yet run memtest, will try that next (but since the machine never
crashes, random memory corruption is not too likely, IMHO).

Anyone else seeing this?

I'm not realy sure when this started to happen, probably not too long ago.

Martin