Subject: Broadcom product 0x170c (ethernet)
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Robert Elz <kre@munnari.OZ.AU>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/31/2005 18:48:52
Some students of mine have an HP Compaq nx5000 laptop.   It has a
Broadcom ethernet in it, that NetBSD seems to not currently support.
It's PCI product is is 0x170C (NetBSD knows 170d and 170e ...)

Is it likely that simply adding this extra code to the pcidevs file,
and to if_bge.c is going to have it work (ie: is it that similar,
and just missing because no-one has seen it before) or is this something
different enough that it isn't likely to work soon at all?

Thanks for any info from anyone who knows (all I know about it is that
the laptop was put on my desk, and a (not all that recent) -current
CD was attempting to boot - and the ethernet wasn't known - and appears
to remain unknown in today's pcidevs file).

kre