Subject: Re: vald driver and Toshiba Libretto L2
To: None <cjs@cynic.net>
From: Masanori Kanaoka <kanaoka@ann.hi-ho.ne.jp>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/24/2005 19:39:15
----Security_Multipart(Mon_Jan_24_19_39_15_2005_746)--

Hi,

       From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
    Subject: vald driver and Toshiba Libretto L2
      Date : Fri, 21 Jan 2005 19:16:07 +0900 (JST)

$ I just upgraded my Toshiba Libretto L2 to 2.0, and the vald driver
$ doesn't seem to be working properly for me. (It used to, back in the
$ 1.6E days.) I've appended a dmesg. The vald does seem to be detected
$ and configured, but using Fn + F6 and Fn + F7 doesn't change the LCD
$ brightness, nor does Fn + F8 toggle the fan.
$
$ Any ideas?

This is problem that PCIBIOS_INTR_FIXUP does not handle
level/edge trigger properly.

How about trying next?

 1. Use ACPI_PCI_FIXUP instead of using PCIBIOS_INTR_FIXUP.
Or
 2. Update pci_intr_fixup.c rev=1.30 with PCIBIOS_INTR_FIXUP.

I hope that it will help for your problem.

# Thanks a lot kochi-san for noticing this article.
---
 Masanori Kanaoka        kanaoka AT ann.hi-ho.ne.jp