Subject: nvnet (nforce network driver)
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.org>
From: Harley Laue <harley-laue@uiowa.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/18/2005 20:03:28
I'm quite new to NetBSD (as in I just installed it today, but have had
some experience with FreeBSD, but most of my experience is with Linux.)
I was wondering if there's a way to get an nForce network card to run on
NetBSD. FreeBSD has a ported version of nvnet, and Linux has forcedeth
and the official nvnet. I was wondering if NetBSD had any similar driver
which I've just missed in my search on google, and on the web site.
FreeBSD also has the NDIS for loading Windows network drivers. I also
couldn't find anything like this for NetBSD.

If there isn't any driver for the nForce network card I was wondering if
someone who knows NetBSD coding could port one of the above drivers to
work with NetBSD. If there isn't anyway for any of these options to be
used (an existing driver or porting one to NetBSD) I'll just give in and
buy and NetBSD compatible card.