Subject: Re: noise on pci bus?
To: Alan Post <apost@recalcitrant.org>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/17/2005 16:15:39
[Thus spake Alan Post ("AP: ") 3:32pm...]

AP: In article <20050117145150.GA15991@endersgame.net>, Sean Davis wrote:
AP: >
AP: > When I was playing .flac's from a directory on wd2a, and did an rm
AP: > -rf of the anoncvs mirror, the music started getting distorted. Not
AP: > skipping, but getting staticy.
AP:
AP: I believe some people use external USB audio devices, precisely to
AP: avoid this problem.  I haven't tried it myself.

<paranoia>

I wouldn't be surprised if things were designed like this purposely
just to prod people into buying digital-recording-blocking peripherals...
[think Palladium]

</paranoia>

I have an onboard cmpci (as well as a S3SV waiting in the wings), and I
have zero complaints, other than the fact that I wonder why they can't
design audio with tunable outbound harmonics (so I can up the evens and
get a warmer sound...).

				--*greywolf;
--
Assignment:  Think about and expound upon the possibilities of these two
questions.  What would the world be like today if