Subject: Re: pkg_add
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/07/2005 08:14:28
>>> "ftp: connect to address 2001:4f8:4:7:2e0:81ff:fe21:6563: No route to host."
> The address it is failing to connect to is a v6 address - it would
> only be trying that if your system believes that you have v6
> connectivity.

Well, either that doesn't match my experience, or it believes that all
hosts that can get an AAAA record query answered have v6 connectivity.
I regularly see such things on machines that have no IPv6 configuration
at all and no IPv6 addresses except the autoconfigured fe80::/16 ones
and ::1 on lo0.

There's no ip6mode=none setting for rc.conf, after all.  (Or at least
if there is the comment needs to be updated.  Nor do I have any idea
what commands it should turn into if there were.)

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign