Subject: Re: NetBSD 2.0 on IBM PS/2 feedback/problems
To: Georg Schwarz <georg.schwarz@freenet.de>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/29/2004 19:11:13
Georg Schwarz wrote:
> A few strange things here
> I think the total mem should be 1024 x 6 KB = 6144 KB?
> Is the "IBM Dual Async Adapter not configured" OK?

It's just that the driver for that is not in the kernel. The serial port
is attached via the 'isa0' com0.

> Why doesn't it recognize the 3c523's IRQ (which is set to 12, BTW; could
> I somehow explicitly tell the kernel?)

There may be a bug in the attachment code - I'd cook up a test floppy
set with what I think is a fix to that.

> Why does it recognize isa0???? Does this system have an ISA bus??? Could
> that be an issue one it tries to use the VGA console?
> The machine runs Linux 2.0.38 with no problems, BTW.

IIRC the machines _do_ still have ISA bus for stuff like lpt or PS/2
port. But the 'isa0' stuff found by kernel might not mean the devices
are actually on an ISA bus - it just means the devices are configured
to use ISA-compatible resources (like IRQ and/or I/O space).

> I'd really appreciate your feedback. Please let me know if there's
> anything I should try.

Can you try to boot with userconf ('boot -u') and disable fdc0 ?
Or removing the floppy just after the boot and before the kernel
gets to the fdc probe? Perhaps the floppy probe hangs.

Jaromir
-=- We can walk our road together if our goals are all the same;     -=-
-=- We can run alone and free if we pursue a different aim.          -=-