Subject: Re: Trouble with CyberPro PCI 2S dual serial card
To: John F. Woods <jfw@jfwhome.funhouse.com>
From: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/28/2004 17:34:34
"John F. Woods" <jfw@jfwhome.funhouse.com> writes:

> Now here's the interesting thing.  When it dumps out the PCI
> Configuration Space area, the bytes corresponding to the BARs doesn't
> match the documentation.  The chip data sheet says BAR 0 through BAR 5
> will contain 0x00000001, 0x00000001, (unused), (unused), 0x00000001,
> and 0x00000000 after a reset.

It's probably true that those are the values after a reset, but
between reset and checking the values in the OS, the system firmware
has allocated space for the various I/O and memory regions and
programmed the BAR. Nothing seems wrong so far.

> However, the dump indicates that BAR 0 through BAR 5 contain (under linux)
> 0x0000dec1, 0xfeaf7000, 0x0000dea1, 0xfeaf6000, 0x00000000,
> 0x00000000;

Okay, that looks like the order is io,mem,io,mem, unused, unused.

(by the way, you can dump this information under NetBSD with the
"pcictl" program. Something like "pcictl /dev/pci0 dump -d 1 -f 0"
should do the trick.

        - Nathan