Subject: Re: Trouble with CyberPro PCI 2S dual serial card
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@dsg.stanford.edu>
From: John F. Woods <jfw@jfwhome.funhouse.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/28/2004 17:12:33
> >Now to figure out how to add 16C950 mode so I can take advantage of those
> >huge FIFOs.  (And to figure out why my gigabit PHY now fails to probe if
> >the ethernet is plugged in, but that isn't the fault of the serial card...)
> Which MAC, which driver, which PHY?
> I recently committed a reworked, split re(4) driver to support Cardbus...

skc/makphy.  It worked for a while, then suddenly starting complaining about
"no PHY found!" when booting.  Power cycling didn't help, but removing the
Ethernet cable did.  At least it isn't permanently cooked (I hope).
(I'm also running 2.0 Release, so anything recently committed shouldn't
be an issue for me.)

I have no end of trouble with electrical problems in my ethernet wiring;
I suspect AC ground loop issues...