Subject: Re: Yet another 2.0 upgrade question (YA2UQ ?)
To: Steven Sartorius <ssartor@bellatlantic.net>
From: Rich Neswold <rich.neswold@gmail.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/18/2004 11:58:54
On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 09:55:41 -0500, Steven Sartorius
<ssartor@bellatlantic.net> wrote:
> I'm currently running 1.6.2 on a headless system that I ssh into (it's
> a combo firewall/NAT/PPPoE/web proxy box for my home network).  I'm
> thinking about upgrading to 2.0 by:  1) installing 2.0 source(s), 2)
> building a 2.0 kernel, 3) rebooting with the new kernel and 4) doing a
> build.sh to build 2.0 userland.  Will this strategy work?  Can a stock
> 1.6.2 gcc build a 2.0 kernel? Any thoughts much appreciated.

I'm in the same boat as you (upgrading a headless 1.6.2 system.) The
only reason I'm thinking about re-installing is that I want to use
UFS2 on the disks.

So I'm adding the following questions to this discussion: When
upgrading from 1.6.2 to 2.0, is there an easy way to change the
filesystem to UFS2? Does the UFS2 support pulled from FreeBSD include
the filesystem snapshot support?

Thanks

--
Rich