Subject: Re: NetBSD-2.0 Install CD does not boot on Dell
To: Feico Dillema <feico@pasta.cs.uit.no>
From: Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/15/2004 19:00:22
On Wed, Dec 15, 2004 at 12:25:37PM +0100, Feico Dillema wrote:
> I tried booting the NetBSD-2.0 iso on a Dell Precision 360 machine
> and get a Disk read error before even getting the bootloader prompt.

Not much use to you, but I installed NetBSD 2.0G from an oridinary CD
as produced by make release and the usual

  mkisofs -o output.iso -b i386/installation/floppy/boot-big.fs \
  -c boot.catalog -l -J -R -L \
  -graft-points \
  /usr/src/trash/release tars=/windoze/tars xircom=/destdir/xircom
  cdrecord -v speed=8 dev=/dev/cd0d output.iso

on a Dell Precision 360. So that's with whatever NetBSD bootloader was
around at the time (around 1st September)

Cheers,

Patrick