Subject: RE: Where is gtk2+>=2.2.4nb2
To: David H.Gutteridge <dhgutteridge@sympatico.ca>
From: Ib-Michael Martinsen <imm@nethotel.dk>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/06/2004 15:22:39
Hi David, you wrote:

 > gtk2 versions prior to 2.4.4 have security issues with them, so I
 > gather the NetBSD team removed the binary packages that shipped
 > with prior releases.  (The ISO image they shipped for 1.6.2/i386
 > with packages included 2.2.4 without the nb2 patch level, I just
 > looked at it.)  So the way to get it is to build it using pkgsrc.

Thank you for the response. Actually I found the library on a
mirror-server (ftp.dk.netbsd.dk. I should get used to use the local
server instead of the main server, but many times the local server is
not up to date), but it turned out that too many of my other packages
were also not up-to-date, so I ended up with an older version of gtk2+
and audacity, which are working.

What is the point in re-compiling the package from source. Wouldn't
you end up with the same security issues or have they been fixed now?

Kind regards
  Ib-Michael Martinsen

--
email at home: imm(at)nethotel.dk