Subject: wscons questions
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Asmodehn <asmodehn@9online.fr>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/23/2004 12:56:26
I own a Compaq Presario with a trident cyberblade, and I dont know to
get other modes than 80x25 screen.

In the kernel config file, if I put 80x30, the kernel build, but I
cannot boot on it.

If I try to do that dynamically, with wsconscfg,  I can have 80x25
screen added, but no 80x30, and no 80x50 (yes I loaded the fonts...).

All my screen in 80x25, with login prompt
First I deleted the screen :
wsconscfg -d -F $screen

wsconscfg -t 80x30 $screen
wsconscfg : WSDISPLAYIO_ADDSCREEN : Device not configured

wsconscfg -d -F $screen

/usr/sbin/wsfontload -h 8 -N small /usr/share/wscons/fonts/vt220l.808
wsconscfg -t 80x50 $screen
wsdisplay0 : screen $screen added (80x50, vt100 emulation)

BUT I ONLY GOT A CURSER ON IT... (looks like i always have big fonts ?-\ )

And after playing with that, I have to switch virtual screen to get a
simple shell prompt ^^...

I just want to use the top and the bottom of my laptop screen on
console^^, and big fonts doesn't matter, but I just cannot get 80x30 screen.

Someone got an idea ?

Thank you

--
Asmodehn