Subject: Re: PCI SATA Controllers
To: None <netbsd@left.wing.org>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@menta.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/22/2004 22:26:48
On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 12:40:30 -0800
Ed Gould <ed@left.wing.org> wrote:

> What are people using/recommending for a well-supported, reasonable
> performing PCI (32 bit, 33 MHz) SATA card for NetBSD these days?  I'm
> probably not willing to run -current on the machine in question, but
> I'm happy to run 2.0 (or the latest release candidate).  I do not need
> or want hardware RAID; I probably only need two channels (i.e., 2
> drives), but I'm interested in considering a 4-channel controller.

I have a Digitus Connect PCI ATA 133 RAID card that works perfectly
(with 2.0 or later):

cmdide0 at pci0 dev 20 function 0
cmdide0: Silicon Image 0680 (rev. 0x02)
cmdide0: bus-master DMA support present
cmdide0: primary channel configured to native-PCI mode
cmdide0: using irq 9 for native-PCI interrupt

Though... I don't know if it is "reasonable performing" to your
expectatives ;)

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@menta.net>
http://www.livejournal.com/users/jmmv/