Subject: Re: athhal-elf.o: No such file or directory
To: List Mail User <track@plectere.com>
From: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@ping.net.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/15/2004 01:24:36
--nextPart1279025.HpI82dgs9C

On Sunday 14 November 2004 22:04, List Mail User wrote:
>  Does your kernel Makefile contain a section like below?

=2D-
>----- # XXX - Ugly, but make doesn't easily handle .o.uue (assumes it's a
> suffix) # XXX - Also, config has no simple was to just add foo.o to the
> Makefile. #       It needs a pathname of some sort for "object"
> .if !empty(OBJS:M\/athhal-elf.o)
> OBJS:=3D${OBJS:C/\/athhal-elf.o/athhal-elf.o/}
>
> .PATH: $S/../contrib/sys/arch/i386/dev
> ATH_UUDEC?=3D     @${_MKSHMSG} "uudecode ${.CURDIR:T}/${.TARGET}"; \
>                 ${_MKSHECHO}\
>                 ${UUDECODE} -p $> \> ${.TARGET}; \
>                 rm -f ${.TARGET}; \
>                 ${UUDECODE} -p $> > ${.TARGET}
> athhal-elf.o: athhal-elf-o.uue
>         ${ATH_UUDEC}
> .endif
=2D-
>-----
>
>  This is the piece of "makefile"'ese magic is added by "config" when
> an "ath" is configured in. (my config's are all either PCI only or
> PCI+CardBus, maybe there is a bug if the configuration is CardBus only - I
> don't know - is that your case?  In fact, it looks like the "magic" is
> triggered by the config `source' file at ".../sys/dev/pci/files.ath", so
> that may likely be the bug if that is the type of configuration you're
> trying to create.)
>
>  If not, check the config file, rerun config look again;  If it's still
> missing, all I can offer is "it works for me" using "-current sources.  It
> works just two minutes ago!

Yes, the kernel Makefiles contain the same lines. Whilst I don't have a=20
atheros device, the build release process compiles a number of GENERIC* and=
=20
INSTALL* kernels that have the atheros device drivers enabled and hence I=20
have no choice if I want create an ISO image containing the latest release=
=20
snapshot.

I've just tried again after cleaning the directories without success using =
the=20
sources as of today.

cheerio Berndt