Subject: Re: RTC_OFFSET and DST
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
From: Daniel Carosone <dan@geek.com.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/10/2004 10:42:57
--cmJC7u66zC7hs+87

On Tue, Nov 09, 2004 at 05:35:22PM -0600, Peter Seebach wrote:
> Okay, so, I have a laptop which dual-boots Windows and NetBSD.
>=20
> Is there any way to tell the kernel "RTC is using local time"?
>=20
> More generally, is there any sane way to share a clock between Windows and
> NetBSD and have it survive changes in timezone?

I think the subject line suggests you're on the right track.  My own
solution to this, for the semi-annual boot of windows, is to run
windows in UTC. Saves all sorts of other timezone related problems
with broken calendaring apps and other such things as well.  I find it
suits me, but then at one stage I used to run my wristwatch in UTC
also, YMMV :)

--
Dan.

--cmJC7u66zC7hs+87