Subject: Re: cardbus bridge not working?
To: Richard Klingler <richard@klingler.net>
From: Thomas Runge <coto@core.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/27/2004 16:40:30
On Wed, 27 Oct 2004, Richard Klingler wrote:

>> The wi and an drivers are pcmcia drivers, not cardbus drivers, so they
>> need:

<snip>

> Seems that NetBSD/FreeBSD still doesn't know the difference
> between PCMCIA, CardBus and PCCard...
>
> CardBus and PCCard are "SUBSETS" of PCMCIA (o;
>
> But still many people mean PCCard when they say PCMCIA (o;

I had this problem probably a year ago and the results of my
googling were, that the problem is the PC's BIOS. Pcmcia (in my
understanding of these 16bit cards) is some kind of ISA. The (my)
bridge is an ISA-behind-PCI-bridge. And the BIOS does not assign
ISA interrupts (unshared ones) to ISA devices behind a
PCI device/bus.

Well, not that I know much about these PCisms, thats just what
I understood. Feel free to clarify things and show a way how
to get my pcmcia-bridge working. :-)
Some interrupt routers are known to NetBSD and adding some
options to your kernel config file might make it work. Unfortunately,
mine (nforce2 chipset) wasn't.

--
Tom