Subject: Re: MSDOS mount not copying files properly
From: Rui Paulo <phlox-netbsd-i386@fnop.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/18/2004 14:40:03
On 2004.10.18 08:39:20 +0000, Yasir Malik wrote:
> Hello all,
> When I copy a file to my FAT32 partition mounted on NetBSD (I have NetBSD
> 2.0 BETA and Windows 2000 on my laptop), I notice that the file does not
> appear on the partition when I boot up Windows.  I noticed this problem
> on 1.6.1, but it persists in 2.0 as well.  I am able to copy files
> to floppy disks and then view the files on the floppy on Windows, however.
> Anyone else having the same problem?

I had only this problem when using FAT16 on my usb flash disk.
However, after formating it to FAT32, the problem disappeared.
But since you're using win2k your filesystem is FAT32, so I don't
really know what's happening.

Regards.

--
Rui Paulo                          "Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication."
                                      -- Leonardo da Vinci