Subject: Re: How to use RAID-5 frame
To: Rui-Xiang Guo <rxg@myrealbox.com>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/15/2004 09:33:23
On Fri, Oct 15, 2004 at 11:14:23AM +0800, Rui-Xiang Guo wrote:
> I am intending to use raid-5 frame on netbsd-1.6.2 system for ftp server
> but I can't search related documents in web site.

You don't use RaidFrame on explicit raid controllers. The controller
typically has a setup utilitiy (either in it's bios or as an external
application) where you configure your raid.

RaidFrame is used to do raid with non-raid controllers. (Nitpick: some
non-raid controllers are marketed as raid-controllers because they have
a software raid implementation in their bios and come with a matching
windows driver - I have a satalink 3112 that fits into this category and
works just fine under NetBSD as a non-raid controller [and I use RaidFrame
with it])

Martin