Subject: Re: My experience with the _RCs so far
To: None <jdolecek@NetBSD.org, track@Plectere.com>
From: List Mail User <track@Plectere.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/10/2004 04:13:35
	I agree with both statements: that this is serious issues that
will affect many users; and that particularly since there are simple
work-arounds, the problem is not "critical" though is "serious" and
though it will probably cause a disproportionate amount of grief on
many users' parts, it is NOT and should not be sufficient justification
to hold-up the release of 2.0.

 	My comment of the subject was to reiterate that more than just
"umass" is affected AND in particular plugging in at or before boot is
NOT always a successful technique.  In fact, on the same machine, by
juggling USB ports, I can get either a "umass" or "ustir" to boot, the
second device attached will fail -- Yes, interchangeably - one device
will boot and one won't - i.e. exchanging ports exchanges the device's
behavior - sure seems like the same problem (that and the same function
call failing, in my mind, make this a single issue -- BTW.  Unplug both
"umass" and "ustir" devices and the USB keyboard, them the "ath2" attach
succeeds, again, seem to be the same problem - a deficit of contiguous
regions to allocate despite large amounts of free memory).

	Paul Shupak