Subject: Re: setitimer discrepancy between Netbsd 1.4.1 and 1.5.1 or later
To: , <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Stuart Brooks <stuartb@cat.co.za>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/08/2004 15:48:49
As a follow on, having looked at "The Design and Impl of 4.4BS OS" I can
understand how the first timeout could be 20ms, as the the process would
only be woken up at X (below) which is 1 and a bit ticks further on. However
I would have thought that the kernel timer would have continued ticking at
regular intervals, resulting in a second timeout being handled at Y 10ms
later.

This is probably an oversimplification, but its the best I can come up with.

                                      Handled #1        Handled #2
  Timer            Timeout #1            Timeout #2
  started