Subject: WiFi
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Richard Ibbotson <richard@sheflug.co.uk>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/03/2004 13:16:37
Hi

Since I'm going to the Linux World Expo in London this week to do some
things in the .Org village I'd like to make sure that my NetBSD laptop
works well enough to check mail and web pages on the train and at the
show.  To this end I'm hoping to get my Cisco Aironet 350 WiFi card
working with NetBSD 1.6.2.

After recompiling the kernel and uncommenting the lines in the GENERIC
kernel for WiFi I now find that I get the following in Dmesg.....

" an0 at pcmcia1 function 0: Cisco Systems, 350 Series Wireless LAN
Adapter port 0x400-00x43fpcmcia1: card irq 15
an0: read record failed
an0: failed to attach controller "

So, looks as though I've managed to compile in support for the card but
for some reason it doesn't start up when I boot the machine.  Anyone
know what I'm doing wrong here ?  I've had a look at...

http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/network/wavelan.html

output of ifconfig -a shows that the card isn't there at all.

Richard