Subject: Re: lib/26900: pthread should save/restore %fs resgister on i386
To: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>
From: TAMURA Kent <kent@NetBSD.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/28/2004 19:00:59
> is there any reason why the proposed change should not be applied?
> If it's sane, we should make sure 2.0 ships with the fix.

> >Synopsis:       pthread should save/restore %fs resgister on i386

In my further investigation of Wine, Wine does not use
libpthread on NetBSD, and uses lwp syscalls directly.  So the
issue affects only PEACE, which uses ELF libphtread for now.  It
is possible for PEACE to use lwp syscalls though they are not
portable.

IMO, the issue seems not significant if no other applications
use %fs register.

--
TAMURA Kent <kent2004? at hauN.org> <kent at NetBSD.org>