Subject: Re: Partial Success - Missing Command
To: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@research.att.com>
From: Glenn Jarvis <gaj@personainternet.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/09/2004 23:36:22
Steven M. Bellovin wrote:

>On NetBSD, the command is called useradd...
>
>Do you know about the 'man' command?  It will print the documentation
>for any command, file format, system call, device driver, etc.  Of
>particular interest is 'man -k', though that might not work until after
>the weekly job runs for the first time.  Of course, by default that
>will happen in the wee hours Saturday morning -- don't turn off your
>machine overnight....

Thanks Steve,
I had forgotten about man. I now remember from the Allegro graphic
library. I suppose my SCO Unix book from
1994 is a little out of date :-)
I tried man, but it teold me 'no entry for adduser in the manual'. So, I
guess it has to do it's weekly job. It's probably a good thing as I
really should get some zzz for these tired old eyeballs. :-)
All the machines here run 24/7 anyway so they can obtain their virus
protection updates and do their scanning.

Night all ;-)
Glenn

--
Reclaim Your Inbox!