Subject: Re: System Question
To: Glenn Jarvis <gaj@personainternet.com>
From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/09/2004 17:16:17
On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 20:11:44 -0400, Glenn Jarvis
<gaj@personainternet.com> wrote:
> Andy Ruhl wrote:
>

> >I think those old Soundblaster IDE interfaces are weird. It might not
> >be supported. Might be worth digging up an IDE interface and plugging
> >it in if you have room.
> >

> Thanks for the advice Andy, but I'm fresh out parts :-)

That may have been bad advice. But I remember those old Soundblaster
"multimedia kits" that came with a big whopping (WOW! that card is
huge) ISA card with an IDE controller right on the back edge. They
were funky for sure.

It might be a mitsumi controller I'm thinking about that isn't
supported or something... There's too much junk out there for i386 to
keep track of... I've gone mostly to scsi these days.

Andy