Subject: Re: scsi DLT tape drives
To: Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk>
From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/08/2004 11:35:32
On Thu, 8 Jul 2004 19:27:03 +0100, Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 08, 2004 at 12:30:54PM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> > Do you have another LVD controller around to try ? A esiop (895 or 1010)
> > would be a plus, as the driver will print a message if it detects a
> > single-ended bus :)
>
> Unfortunately not :( There is another:
>
> ahc0 at pci2 dev 8 function 0: Adaptec 29160N Ultra160 SCSI adapter
>
> but I can't just switch that machine off..

I'm not sure how appropriate it is to post this here, but check Ebay.
Especially for non Adaptec cards. I have got some really good deals on
Qlogic cards, and their site still has quite a bit of info on this
stuff. Fully supported in NetBSD as far as I can tell. We're talking
under $20 US, even for LVD cards. I got 1 bad one out of 3, but that's
still a deal.

Andy