Subject: Re: 2.0G breaks thinkpad
To: Tom Ivar Helbekkmo <tih@eunetnorge.no>
From: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@crufty.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/04/2004 22:32:40
On Sat, 03 Jul 2004 10:38:35 +0200, Tom Ivar Helbekkmo writes:
>> I just loaded my laptop from a tree updated and built today.
>> and wm0 no longer works -  device times out.
>
>Are you sure that's new?  I've long had trouble with wm0 on my

Yes, I noticed problems with that originally too.
I found just ifconfig'ing the thing helped kick it into life.
But when I booted the 2.0G kernel, nothing would get it going.
Even manually ifconfig'ing it and attempting to ping just got me a
'device timeout' of somesort.

Boot the 2.0E kernel and dhclient picked up an address straight away.

>> BTW xterm needs to be setuid to get a pty, not sure if this is as
>> planed or not.
>
>Not here...  Have you run './MAKEDEV ptm' in /dev yet?

I ran 'MAKEDEV all' as I mentioned, that should include ptm no?
I could be that something else in the etc tgz is needed?

--sjg